For salmon cakes:
1 lb salmon fillet (boneless and skinless)
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped super finely
2 Tbs coconut flour (or 1.5 tbsp regular flour and 1/2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
For mango and avocado salsa:
1 large ripe mango
1 large ripe avocado
1/2 small red onion, diced
4 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- Dice salmon into tiny little pieces and put aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Mix in coconut flour, salt, and pepper.
- Finely chop the jalapeño and add to the egg mixture. Add the salmon and mix well.
- Warm a frying pan over medium-high heat, and add coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Test the pan to be sure it is hot by dropping a tiny bit of salmon mixture in the pan– it should sizzle immediately.
- Add the salmon mixture to the coconut oil in small (3″ish) cakes and fry until they are golden brown on the outside, and cooked pink on the inside (a minute or two on each side).
- In the meantime, prepare salsa: combine diced mango, avocado, red onion, and cilantro (optional) in a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil and lime juice on top. Serve on top of salmon cakes.
You can find the original recipe here.