I used to hate avocados but over the last few years I’ve started to love them. They taste nice, and are great in healthy fats. This recipe comes from the Green Door, an amazing vegetarian buffet-style restaurant in Ottawa, Canada. This salad is super easy and so delicious!
2 ripe avocados
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 large clove garlic (or 2 smaller…you can never have enough garlic!), crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp umeboshi vinegar
1. Place the onion and garlic in a bowl.
2. Pour lemon juice and umeboshi vinegar over the onion and garlic. Let marinate for 10 minutes (or until the onion has wilted).
3. Peel and slice the avocados.
4. Just before serving, add the olive oil to the marinated onion mixture.
5. Pour over avocados. Mix gently.
*Umeboshi vinegar can be found at health food stores such as the Wheat Berry.