I used to hate avocado…I know, what was I thinking? In the past couple years I’ve come to love them. Only a couple weeks ago did I discover the joys of cutting an avocado in half and filling one of the centres with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Who knew something so simple could be so delicious?!
I had seen this receipe and wanted to do it for ages, but never got around to it…until now. And let me tell you, it is so so SO good. I can’t even express in words how delicious this was. Try it. You won’t regret it.
1/2 a ripe avocado
A dash of salt and pepper
Toppings of your choice (I used goat cheese and dill, but you can do anything! Hot sauce, any herbs, bacon, chopped tomatoes, etc.)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Take your half avocado. If the hole looks too small to fit a whole egg, scoop out some avocado with a spoon (I failed in scooping the first time, my egg white ran wild and I had to delicately scoop it back in).
3. Put your avocado into a small baking dish. If your avocado is tilting over, try support it using the edge of the baking dish, otherwise your egg will run out.
4. Crack the egg into the avocado.
5. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper then carefully place into the oven.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes. It’s an approximate and really depends on how you like your egg cooked. You can keep checking to see when it’s ready to your liking.
7. Remove from oven. Sprinkle on whatever toppings you want. Grab a spoon, and enjoy!
Original recipe from: http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/baked-eggs-avocado/