This is one of my favourite baking recipes! Anytime I’m asked to make a cake or cupcakes, this is the recipe I use for vanilla cakes. I take them to potlucks, parties, make them for birthdays, and often just make them for me.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup milk (+ optional 4 tbsp plain yogurt)
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla (or mint if you’d rather!)
1. Grease the cake pans. Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Add melted butter and milk (and optional yogurt) to the flour mixture and stir.
4. Break eggs into a small bowl, add vanilla, and beat lightly. Add to the rest of the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a muffin tin, about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 20min (check to see if ready earlier).
7. Test with a toothpick, if it comes out non-gooey, it’s done!
*This can also be used as a cake recipe, just pour the batter into 2 cake pans instead (and bake for 25-30min)!
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup table cream (or substitute a bit less milk)
1 tsp pure vanilla
3 cups icing sugar
1. Melt the butter.
2. Put melted butter, cream, and vanilla into a bowl and mix.
3. Add in icing sugar a little at a time until the right consistency.
Original recipe from: The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook